Our thanks go to all those who have helped shape and deliver our new incarnation and we welcome those joining the new fSDC Coordination Group for the first time. Our initial priorities have been continuing to work on the Children & Young People’s Bill and the Parent Participation Project with Children in Scotland. We met on 7th January in Glasgow and, with the handover complete, our thoughts have turned to both current and future priorities. The aims and priorites you gave us in October will give us a strong foundation to build on but all suggestions are invited. Feel free to use the contact on the website or email/speak to any of the Coordination Group.
In the meantime, we’ve been getting on with a few things:
- The Parent Participation Project has been extended and its’ role further developed.
- We continue to work on the SQA’s on (un)Reasonable Adjustments both directly and at the ASL Advisory Group.
- We’ve submitted responses to the recent Education-related Consultations. Responses Here
- Scottish Government have invited fSDC to join the Disabled Children & Young People’s Advisory Group.
- Contributing to the Scottish Transitions Forum’s work, Edinburgh University’s Disabled Child Protection work, adding a disabled dimension to SCCYP’s School toilets research and generally joining people and stuff up.
Our next objective is to establish general and specific communities of interest, working groups and general information sharing networks around issues and areas of operation. The Coordination Group met in early April to firm up on what we felt were key areas and we will be seeking Members’ views and engagement on these and whatever else comes around.